Thursday, May 11, 2006

Driving away from Missouri and across Illinois and Indiana: May 3, 2006

GOOD-BYE, ST. LOUIS!






THE CREEPY-ASS CROSS OF EFFINGHAM:

Anyone who has driven I-70 across Illinois, through Effingham, has certainly seen this monstrosity. I refer to it as the giant, creepy-ass cross which scars the horizon. This wasn't here when I first moved to St. Louis, but sometime during my second year here on one of my many many drives back to Cincinnati, I rounded a bend on 70 just west of Effingham and was faced with this ugly thing. I almost wrecked the first time I saw it. Now it's simply another exhibit of the weirdness that has come to characterize my drives across Illinois. So anyway, good-bye, giant, creepy-ass cross!




HELLO, INDIANA.

Although I much prefer Indiana to Illinois, I don't have much to report on my trip across the Hoosier state. I stopped at Terre Haute for gas, food, and to walk/feed Murphy. You can't tell, because the picture is so small, but this is the Indiana state line. Exciting stuff...




2 Comments:

At May 27, 2006 7:43 PM, Blogger raquel said...

i agree! i hate that flippin' cross! too bad you left the lou...i'm stuck here. wish i was in florida! hope you're enjoying the new life, job, etc.

just another blogger...-raquel

 
At May 28, 2006 5:03 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Thanks, Raquel. Do you know I actually saw two other crosses like this one on my way from Cincinnati to Florida?! There are at least three total that I know of. WTF? What's the deal? They're horrible!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home