Monday, May 15, 2006

my big fear

Couple days ago, my little brother Sam and his friend Frankie, found a snake down by the pond near my parents' place. For those of you who don't already know this, let met explain that I am horrified of snakes. Unbelievably so. It's not even rational and was probably one of my biggest (and most ridiculous) concerns when I decided to come down here. They are all over, and every moment I'm outside, I'm certain a snake is within striking distance and that I will be gobbled up anytime.

So when Sam announced they had found a snake, my instinct was to stand on the kitchen counter and shriek like a baby. But finally, I said to myself, "Heather pull your shit together and go at least take a picture of the damn thing."

And that's just what I did. I'm very proud of this.

So here it is:


Frankie, whose parents are divorced, asked his mom if he could keep it as a pet, and she said yes, but he has to keep it at his dad's house. Clever woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home