Monday, May 15, 2006

sleepy and a little sunburned

I don't know what is wrong with me, but honestly all I've done since I arrived is sleep. I can't get enough of it. By 11pm, I'm ready to crash, and given the chance I usually sleep until at least 10. It's like someone has secretly been spiking my diet coke with nyquil. Today, for example, I've only been awake 20 minutes. And it's a little after 11am. And during the day, all I can think about is taking a nap.

All my relatives here say it's something about the climate, because they claim to have experienced the same thing when they all first moved here years ago. My mom thinks it's also due to the fact that I've been a stressed-out emotional wreck for ages now and that suddenly my mind and body have realized I can relax.

Regardless, I hope this goes away soon, as I'm not usually a sleepy person, and I hate not having energy.

However, I have had enough awake time this past week to do some fun things. For starters, I was hired to make amazing coffee on a full-time basis. I start training for the new job this Wednesday, and I'm super excited about this. In addition to getting a chance to meet lots of people, I'll also get a bunch of free coffee! woohoo. That should solve the sleepiness problem.

I also spent lots of time wandering around Lake Worth, which is an interesting, old area on the coast just a few miles south of downtown West Palm Beach (and where my family lives). It's a really cute area...lots of character, fun little shops, fabulous restaurants, and of course the beach--just a couple blocks from where this picture was taken. Like much of South Florida, many buildings have an art deco look.





I'm not normally a beach person, but I have to admit this is nice. Now, if I could just find someone to bring me a steady supply of cold Corona and lime while I'm sitting on the beach. Or margaritas . Or daiquiris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home