Thursday, June 01, 2006

Fun People

It's Thursday night, and I really should go to bed soon, but I'm in a weird mood that's a combination of sleepy and restless. Don't know whether I want to go to bed or work out. So I'll update the blog.

Last night I went out with some new friends down here, Chris and Emily (hi, guys!). They are super fun chicks who are also not from here. They moved down from New England almost two years ago. We went to a nearby club and had lots of fun with our rum and diet cokes and laughed at ourselves on the dance floor as we were surrounded by really young, kind of scary slutty looking girls. We felt terribly out of place and very old, but had a blast anyway. It's a gay bar, but I suspect that most of the girls there last night are merely in an "experimental" phase and within 10 years will be married (to guys) with kids, living in the suburbs, and voting republican.

I had actually been to this club once, about two and a half years ago, when I was down here visiting my parents at Christmas. I was with my sister (who is very straight but was a good sport and took me there anyway), and I was extremely intoxicated. Really really drunk. VERY drunk. My memory of this place was pretty blurry, other than recalling that at one point, I went outside alone and sat on the curb in the parking lot and all I wanted in the whole world was to pass out right then and there. And then I threw up. It wasn't pretty. Fortunately, I did not repeat this classy scene last night and stayed relatively sober.

Chris and Emily say there are some other fun places further south (I think in or near Ft. Lauderdale), where the people are closer to our age--mid- to late-twenties/thirties and where we'll feel a little less like geriatrics compared to everyone else. I had a lot of fun with them and was so happy to actually be somewhere other than work or my parents' house. Also, I got to talk Harry Potter with Emily, which always makes for an awesome time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home