Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Back to "normal"

I swear, I really am going to get pictures and trip details up here soon. It is no fun to switch back and forth between time zones like this, and I just haven't had the time or energy for much blogging. All I could do when I first came home was sleep. I honestly slept all day Sunday. Occasionally, I stumbled out of bed long enough to go to the bathroom or eat, but otherwise, I was out of it all day. I finally woke up for real yesterday morning at 6:30 and then at 8:30 received a call from work saying I was supposed to be there. I had no idea, as I thought I wasn't supposed to be back on the schedule until Tuesday (today). But that's ok, as it forced me to pull myself together and make an attempt to move back into the reality of living in West Palm Beach, not Florence. When I got home from work, I then had to plow through the first half of the book we're reading for the first book club meeting at Starbucks. The one I created and then neglected to read the book selection. Our first meeting is Wednesday...tomorrow...and I had planned to read the book while I was in Italy, but that didn't happen. We're reading The History of Love by Nicole Krauss. I sort of chose it on blind faith, based on the fact that it was nominated for several awards last year, though that was about all I knew of it. So I've been nervous that it would be a terrible book and everyone in the newly formed group would hate it and never come back to our discussions. Fortunately, I really like it so far. I'll give a more thorough critique of it after I've finished it tomorrow.

Anyway, time for me to get in the shower and get ready for work. Look for pics and such within the nexst couple days...

2 Comments:

At July 25, 2006 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read The History of Love. I liked it, although I'm not entirely sure I understood all of it. Whatever!

 
At July 25, 2006 11:39 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I'm getting comments like that from people as the book discussion is upon us. So far, I truly love it. But then I still haven't finished. I'll report back in a few hours. I'm loving the voices of the characters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home