Thursday, July 13, 2006

In twelve and a half hours...

my plane will be taking off from the Miami airport.

We have a layover in Atlanta and then we're set to cross the ocean. I am dying of excitement, however, it's go time and there is still so much to do. I'm sort of in a crazed state trying to get ready to leave, and I had to work until 11 tonight, so I haven't been home long. I'm doing a couple loads of laundry and then I have to cram the clothes I'm bringing into a bag small enough to take on-board with me. We are all determined to not have to check any luggage. I'm a pro at packing for trips quickly, as I'm not a high-maintenance person to begin with, even at home. Little makeup, no hair-styling accoutrements, and casual clothes. Usually, all I need is about 15 minutes to put a few things into a bag, and I'm ready to hit the road. But for some reason that doesn't feel adequate for an international trip. I keep feeling like I'm going to forget something vital that I wouldn't normally need on a trip.

Murphy definitely suspects that something is up. He won't leave my side. If I go to the laundry room, he follows me. If I go to the bathroom, he follows me and tries to hang out in there with me. Right now, he is lying down next to my desk chair with his head propped up on the leg of the chair. I hate leaving him for any length of time. He's staying here with my dad and my parents' dog Maggie, so I know he'll be in good hands and with his dog buddy. But I still hate to be away from him. Makes me sad, even if he has no sense of time and won't remember me being gone once I return. Perhaps I'll bring him back an Italian puppy treat.

Well, time to put some clothes into the dryer. No blogging while I'm away, though as always I'm going to scribble in my journal regularly. When I return, I'll have lots and lots of pictures and I'll type some of those journal entries here.

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At July 14, 2006 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to ask you something personal to me. i see you are going to be away so i'll wait till you get back. enjoy!

 
At July 23, 2006 2:48 AM, Blogger Heather said...

feel free to email me (see the link on my profile page).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home