Saturday, October 07, 2006

blank...sorta

My blog has been overdue for an update for a couple days now, but not because I haven't had time or have forgotten. I honestly can't think of anything to say here. It's the weirdest thing. It's blogger's block! I always have something to say, even when nothing out of the ordinary is happening, but for some reason I can't think of a single damned thing to say here.

I could talk about work, but I do that a lot and I get a little tired of writing about it here all the time. However, I understand why that is. My dating life is nonexistent, while the rest of my social life is only sporadically interesting, depending on my mood, since when I have a spell of depression I usually stay at home and avoid people. When I do go out, I have a great time with the various friends I've made down here. And most days, at some point regardless of anything else I do, I sit right here at this desk and write, but I write things I'm not going to post here on my blog. However, most of my life is consumed by work, which is a choice I've made. It's a coping mechanism, and I need my life to be this way for a while so I don't dwell on certain other things I'm unsatisfied with and can't necessarily control.

So anyway, that's why I write about work here a lot....simply because it's what I do with most of my time.

The problem is that I don't want to write about work tonight. But like I said, I can't think of anything else to blog about. How sad is that?!

Well, nothing terribly interesting.

I think my cold is finally gone after lingering for a week. I'm no longer chugging the DayQuil and my voice is pretty much back to normal, though for a few days it was totally zapped. All I could do was whisper and croak. But as it slowly returns to normal, it has that low raspy sound, which means I could almost sing along when Janis Joplin was on the stereo at work. It was great, though I'm not sure the customers agree.

Tomorrow is football day. Bengals have a bye week, and the Rams play the Packers in Green Bay. But I think I'm going to stay home to watch the games. The bar I've been going to is so much fun, but it's in Ft. Lauderdale, which is about a 30-35 minutes drive for me. I worked a 10-hour day today, and tomorrow is my last day off for over a week. So I sorta feel like lying around at home in my pjs to watch the games tomorrow. Maybe I'll crank up the a/c and bundle up in a sweater and blankets and pretend I still live up north, where Fall's cool weather has arrived.

At some point, either before or after the Rams play tomorrow, I'm going to go running. I used to run a lot, but not lately. I love running. It's a great way to exercise. It's been a while for me, so I suspect I won't get very far tomorrow. But I want to start running regularly again and I have to start somewhere, even if I can only go a mile at first. So I'll push myself as much as I can this first trip out. And I'll push myself a little further every time. It means I'll probably be too sore to move every morning when I wake up, but I'll get over that.

Oh, one last thing. The other day, I watched the movie Closer, with Julia Roberts and Natalie Portman. Holy crap, what a depressing, painful movie. I honestly don't know if I've ever sat through a more uncomfortable, pain- and anxiety-inducing movie ever. You know that feeling right when someone you really love is breaking up with you? That moment when the realization hits, especially if it's happening when there is another person involved? (Ok, if you don't know this feeling, consider yourself lucky; it's indescribably hideous.) Watching this movie is like re-living that feeling for two hours. And then being stuck with the memory of it for the rest of the day. It's horrible. Plus, each and every character in it is just despicable. I will say that the acting was fabulous, which is part of why the emotions struck me so hard, why I could feel the pain which was tangible in their faces and in their dialogue. Well made movie, but horrible to watch. The only thing I liked was the beautiful Damien Rice music on the soundtrack.

Well, I'm thirsty and Murphy needs to go out, so I'm going to go find some juice and walk Murphy. I'll blog more tomorrow night.

1 Comments:

At October 10, 2006 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that movie Closer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home