Tuesday, October 17, 2006

a juvenile, cranky rant to my annoying anonymous reader who seems to think s/he knows something

I wonder why you continue to read my blog, since you have problems with everything I write.

I am not going to continue to defend what I write here to some stranger who takes issue with me. If you disagree, stop reading. Or at least stop leaving pissy remarks---I am not ashamed of what I write or how I feel and none of your comments are going to change that. Further, as I have said SO MANY times before, send me an email if you have such problems that you absolutely must put them out there to me. Though, of course I think you get a thrill from leaving public comments and also because if you send email, it's not so easy to remain anonymous--and that's what you hide behind. That's stupid and cowardly.

You don't know me, yet you are the one who makes constant generalizations about me based on what I blog about. Believe me, there is so much I don't write here. I don't owe you or anyone anything in my blogging. It's an online journal for me, where I ramble and vent and can say whatever I want. It's not a place where I am required to be fair, pleasant, entertaining, happy, or whatever else you seem to expect from me.

I am going to completely stop approving your comments, even if they seem innocuous. I'm going to do this simply because I can and I think that will annoy you, and that seems fun, because you annoy me.

Pretty mature of me, isn't it?

And by the way, for future reference, do NOT tell someone with depression to "just relax." It's like telling someone with diabetes to just get over it. You clearly know nothing about depression and are totally insensitive to it. If it was as easy of "just relax" and "have a beer on the beach" or whatever you suggested, don't you think I'd have done that already?

3 Comments:

At October 17, 2006 11:06 AM, Blogger bubamarenya said...

I think you should have a beer on the beach anyway and I will go with you and we will make up a blog just about how wrong anonymous is about everything.

You go girl!

 
At October 17, 2006 11:12 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Fabulous idea!!!!

 
At October 17, 2006 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to give the smackdown. Love it! My all-time favorite stupid thing to say to a depressed person is "smile, it's not that bad." My current unbottled antidepressant is to care for hospital patients recovering from brain injuries, strokes and other debilities. Helps me realize my life doesn't suck after all. But I'm not about to tell every depressed person to take on my career change for their mental health. Way to kick anonymous's butt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home