Thursday, October 12, 2006

shaggy hair and geography

I'm so tired right now and I have lots of things I need to do, but my next day off isn't until Tuesday. I need to get my car's oil changed. I really need a haircut. And I'd like to sit around and read for a while. But I've been transferred to a VERY busy store, and the past week and upcoming couple weeks are all about making this transfer, which is a good thing in the long run, but I've been busy as hell because of it. Always glad for this, but still I look forward to this transition being over so I can have my down time back to myself.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I'm a little confused these days as to where to go next in life--geographically speaking. I planned to move to England next, which I still want to do. It's something I've always wanted. However, I suddenly am not sure that's the right choice right now. I'm also interested in New England (love it there and have always wanted to live there), as well as southeastern Canada. However, I can't figure out if I'm thinking this because either of those options would mean less wait and prep time, which means getting the hell out of florida sooner than if I go to England. The England plan will require me to stay here even longer, as there are so many more logistics to deal with and because it requires more money for the actual move. But I am unhappy in this part of the country, and I don't know if I can deal with living here any longer than absolutely necessary.

Is this a good enough reason for changing the England plans to something else? Or is that a cop-out? I know I want to live in these other places...always have. But I don't know which move would be best to pursue first.

All I know for sure is that I need a haircut, and I need to get it before I go to work tomorrow afternoon. I woke up the other day and somehow, overnight, my hair had grown that tiny amount which makes it way too long. It always works that way. One day it's fine, and the next day, that tiny extra length changes everything. It's out of control now and I feel like Snuffleupagus...too much crazy, hair.

By the way, how funny is it that Snuffy has his own Wikipedia page?! I love Sesame Street! According to the Wikipedia, Snuffy's grandmother lives in Cincinnati! I had no idea. Wonder why I never met her while I was growing up there...

1 Comments:

At October 16, 2006 9:25 AM, Blogger Under Cooked said...

I planned on England, and when I got a job I couldn't take it because it would take 9 months to get a work permit, but they couldn't wait 9 months for the position to be filled.
Funny. You can't get a work permit until you have a job offer, can't accept an offer until you have that permit.
Go as a student.
New England is just as fabulous. (But I'm slightly biased, as I'm moving back as soon as I can.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home