Monday, November 06, 2006

my day off so far

Anti-biotics are lovely. A terrible but wonderful necessity. I know the sick bugs are still present, but I can feel myself getting better every minute of every day. Yay!

Today was supposed to be a day off, which was severely needed after having a rough closing shift last night (SUPER busy, while I was working alone with two trainees). So I woke up and rounded up my sister, who is also off today, and we went to my store for some coffee. When I got there, one of my co-workers said, "You're here early. The meeting isn't until 1." Turns out we had a meeting scheduled today that I wasn't aware of. And to make matters worse, the district manager (who I am shamelessly trying to impress so I can be promoted to assistant manager and then eventually to full manager as soon as possible) would be there, and we had to be in dress code for it. I was standing there with messy hair, wearing ripped up jeans and a t-shirt. And it was 12:10 pm. AND the store is across town from where I live.

My sister and I got back in my car and raced home. We felt like we were in a video game, like the music of Super Mario Bros or the like was playing somewhere in the background, as I dodged traffic and avoided getting stuck behind the geriatric drivers who have made their seasonal migration down here for the winter months. We got back home by 12:30, I changed clothes in no time, and I was back in the car by 12:33. I made it back to work by 12:56.

Shew...

The meeting was fine but not earth-shattering. Still, I'm glad I made it back in time.

Now I'm home again and I just realized I haven't had a crumb to eat all day. And I think I'm still a little sweaty from the stress of racing to get to the meeting in time. Attractive, eh?

1 Comments:

At November 08, 2006 11:05 AM, Blogger bubamarenya said...

i am not a big fan of antibiotics but i am happy you are feeling better. i am sick now... :( it isn't bad though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home