Friday, April 06, 2007

no more free coffee

I failed to mention in my post earlier that today was my last day at Starbucks. I have the luxury of falling asleep tonight, with no alarm set to wake me up pre-dawn so I can go open up the store at 5:30. And I can actually make dinner plans for tomorrow night because I won't have work until 2am to close the store.

I'm going to miss a bunch of people I've been fortunate enough to work with this past year, though if they don't keep in touch as they promised, I will come back to town and order dozens of frappuccinos on a busy saturday afternoon when they are running low on frap mix and whip cream. I will pay with a $100 bill and swear that I don't have anything smaller. And then I will spill a couple of drinks in the cafe and use all the napkins in a half-hearted attempt to clean up after myself, but I'll just end up leaving a disgusting pile of napkins half-soaked on a mound of runny mocha frappuccino.

So they had better send me those emails they all promised. Truly, I love the people I worked with at Starbucks.

More packing to do now, but I'll try to write another update over the weekend before I leave town on Monday.

SO EXCITED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home